What Happens to Your Data?
Like you, I care about the protection of privacy, both online and offline.
The EU’s GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), CCPU (California), & AAP (Australia), etc, affect us all.
Here are the ways I use and store your data:
( Updated September 9 2023 )
I do not, will not, sell your data, ever.
I do not, will not, spam you.
Any information gathered about you in person, via email, in online conversations, or via my online forms (including your name, contact details, and birth details) will never be sold or deliberately shared with any other parties, apart from the following exceptions:
- if required to do so by law;
- in the secure processing of that data as necessary in fulfilling my work for you (see the Third Party Services I use, below);
- if expressly requested to do so by you in writing (by email)
— example: for cross-referencing with other therapists or counsellors.
While I take great care to protect your personal data, if at any time you want your personal data altered, or deleted from my devices or server, you have that right. Please don’t hesitate to contact me in that instance.
Also, while I have great trust in the reputation of the third-party services I have chosen to employ in my work for you, I cannot take responsibility for their own security systems.
The terms “I”, “my”, “mine” all indicate Kerrie Redgate, the owner of this website.
1. Third Party Services
- My Booking Forms and Email Forms are now hosted on this server, and sent as emails directly to my Inbox in the ProtonMail email app. I, alone, open my emails.
- Your Booking Form Storage: briefly stored on my computer as a PDF document and is password-protected. After my initial work for you, it is moved to a file on my private external drive. It is not stored in my email app, so is deleted from the app after I have downloaded it to my computer for your session preparation.
- Spark is my main email client for ongoing correspondence, created by Readdle, an award-winning software company.
- My websites and email accounts are hosted by Namecheap.
- Credit/debit card processing: I offer secure online payment processing on my websites via Stripe, which is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet, serving businesses globally and processing payments in 135+ currencies. I never have access to your credit/debit card information. My private Stripe dashboard (at Stripe.com) allows me to see only your name, email address, and billing address associated with your payment amount, payment date, and type of card used (VISA, Mastercard, etc).
- I use Zapier to securely and automatically populate my mailing list (stored now on the MailerLite server, see #1.7 below) from your online Stripe card payments to me. If you do not wish to receive any correspondence from me in the future, you can either unsubscribe easily from within the next newsletter email (though, I don’t send them often) or contact me to request removal from my newsletter list and/or from my email Contacts list altogether — it’s your prerogative.
- Exceptional Purpose Resource newsletter: Subscribing forms are handled off-site digitally by MailerLite, my CRM (Customer Relationship Management) service of choice. Since early July 2021, MailerLite has become my CRM for my newsletters. They are also very serious about spam protection and also issue guidelines to all their clients to help protect their reputation and those of the people they serve. You can read their own Data Processing Addendum to their T&C.
- Skype Meetings is the online app used for our connection online. You do not need a Microsoft or Skype account for this, as you can access our private Skype Meeting via your browser, if you prefer (choose your browser wisely).
- I have chosen Sync.com for your audio file(s) transfer to you. (As of December 30 2018), I upload your mp3 audio and other files to your temporary dedicated folder in my private Sync cloud account to briefly store your session files for your exclusive download.
— (I no longer use Dropbox or Google Drive for this purpose.)
- Recording Sessions: Unfortunately, due to the nature of Silicon M-series chips in Apple computers now, I can no longer use the ECAMM desktop Call Recorder app for client sessions. So now all astrology sessions that are over 1 hour in length will be recorded directly to the Skype/Microsoft cloud within the Skype Meeting (you’ll see the red Record button on your screen when recording is happening) and saved directly to the Microsoft Cloud where the file will be auto-deleted by Microsoft after one month.
- The day after your session, I strip the audio from the Skype video as an audio mp3 file, slice any large files into 1-hour segments for your convenience, and will upload them to a temporary folder for you in my Sync account for easy transfer via download to you.
- You agree that you will NOT live-stream your audios from my Sync cloud service.
- Your access: Your mp3 audio recordings and other session files can only be stored in my private sync.com cloud account for up to one week, for your download access via a private, unique, end-to-end encrypted link.
- I will delete your audio file from the sync.com cloud asap after you have alerted me that you have successfully downloaded all your file(s).
- I store a copy of your digital mp3 audio and other files from your session(s) only on one separate external drive, and for a limited time, as an audio reference for me in fulfilling further work for your ongoing or future sessions.
- After downloading your files, it is your own responsibility to keep your audio files secure at your end. However, if you lose your audios, you may be able to access them from me again, at no charge from me, while I still have a copy. I can’t keep them indefinately, though, due to their size and the expense — and clutter! — of storage devices.
- All Consultations (discussions and written material) are strictly confidential. And that goes for both sides: if I share anything personal with you during your session that may be pertinent for you, I expect you to also honour my own privacy.
This also means that no part of your audio recording(s) is to be distributed publicly, via digital or material means, as it must be kept private for you. Though, you can share your realisations and general information with others, of course, as you see fit.
- I store a paper and a digital copy of your astrology chart from our session(s) indefinitely as a resource for any future work you may need from me at any time.
- Your basic digital computer-calulated astrology chart, which includes your birth details, is stored privately in my Astro Gold astrology app on my devices for any future work you may require from me. Your birthchart and birth details are never shared, unless instructed to by you in writing (by email).
- I don’t write client report files about you (but I do store what you have included in your Booking Form—see #1.3), apart from creating the personal Suggested Resources PDF files I email to you, as your astrology chart itself is shorthand for me and unintelligible to most other people, including many astrologers! You will receive an emailed digital PDF or JPG copy of your messy asteroid ‘work-chart’ via email after your session(s) with me.
- This site automatically uses the Google Analytics cookies to collect general usage data for analytics processing only. However, I have activated ‘IP-anonymization’ on all my websites (your IP address, that is normally used to follow you around the web, is truncated, similar to a telephone number with several missing digits at the end) to prevent personally identifiable information or associations about you being sent to Google. I have opted to do this for your privacy because I do not use analytics to personally target you with advertising or marketing (and in this instance, neither will Google!).
- So, on my sites, Google Analytics records your anonymous movements around my website: the pages visited and the time spent on each page, demographics such as country or city location, and type of device (i.e. operating system such as iOS, OSX, Windows version, Android, etc), so that I may improve my sites for all visitors. But you are not identified, personally, by or to Google during your visit.
- By clicking ‘Allow’ you are accepting these non-identifying IP-anonymization cookies, which will help me to see if my site’s pages and information are engaging enough for visitors or if they need improvement.
- You must click either ‘Allow’ or ‘Decline’ to deliberately remove the Cookies banner to view the full screen. Thank you!
If you have any security concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Offering a testimonial for my use on my websites implies you are happy with me using your testimonial on any of my websites and my promotional material. I will not publish your testimonial on social media sites.
- Any testimonials you have offered that are published on my websites can be deleted or altered at your will. Please contact me for any changes, and I will implement them asap.
Personal Recommendation: regarding GDPR Legislation
I recommend you check out as much information as you can regarding the GDPR legislation from the European Union, and the new legislation from other countries and states, whether as a site visitor or a website owner. It ultimately applies to all of us, regardless of where we live. As a website visitor, you will have extra rights to all of your online stored data, globally, as of May 25 2018.
Data-harvesting is currently the biggest money-spinner in the world, leading to companies being sold for millions or billions of dollars purely for the personal data they have harvested from their customers and subscribers. You now have rights.
- As a website/blog visitor, you will automatically have rights to all of your online stored data from European Union websites, as of May 25 2018. Though, all websites, globally, will now have to follow the same privacy and data practices, as EU visitors will be accessing websites globally, and can claim their privacy and personal data rights globally under EU law
- As a website/blog owner outside the EU, you will benefit from complying with the new GDPR legislation. This will not only protect you and your business from any future litigation hassles, but you will be building trust with your site visitors, customers, and clients. You will also be contributing to this much needed global benefit for all of us. The GDPR legislation has been put in place to make the internet safer for everyone.
Terms & Conditions
Updated May 27 2018
I’m referring to myself in the 3rd Person, here.
‘Kerrie’ refers to Kerrie Redgate, the person who’s services you will be engaging for the astrology sessions, astrology courses, and flower essences therapy, as described on this website; ‘birth data’ refers to your birth date, birth place, and birth time.
- If incorrect birth data has been given to Kerrie (evident in your Booking Form), Kerrie cannot take any responsibility. Please make sure your correct birth data has been entered into the Booking Form. This is your responsibility. (See the next two points for details.)
- If incorrect birth data has been given to Kerrie and is discovered after the session has been completed (apart from very minor minute-increments of the birth time), no refund for your session is possible.
If you wish to proceed with a new session based on your correct birth data, you will have to pay the full session fee again for Kerrie to research your chart with the new data for a completely new session for you.
- If incorrect birth data has been given to Kerrie and is discovered at the start of your session, causing the session to be terminated at that point, you will forfeit your 50% Deposit only (rather than paying the full session fee) on the condition that you reschedule and commit to a new session with the correct birth data. In this case you will then need to pay the full fee for that new session.
If you do not wish to reschedule, the balance on the full fee for the original session will still need to be paid.
- If Kerrie has made an error inputting your birth data to create your chart, Kerrie will take full responsibility for this and will reschedule a session for you and will compensate you by giving you extra time (minimum one hour) during the session, with only the normal balance to be paid at the end of your session. Your Booking Form protects you in this instance as there is a record of your own data input.
- The 50% Deposit (of the full fee) will not be refunded for cancellations made within 3 days of the appointment date. Though, for emergency cases, Kerrie is open to negotiating a new appointment date without you forfeiting your deposit.
- While Kerrie recommends other therapists in good faith, including kinesiologists for birth time checks, Kerrie cannot be held responsible for their results.
- The information offered to you through Kerrie’s private sessions and courses is to be considered advisory and not predictive, as it is still your responsibility to do the work to fulfill your own potential. Kerrie is only a guide in this process.
- If you have any problems with Kerrie’s services, please contact Kerrie privately and directly so the problem can be rectified for you to the best of Kerrie’s abilities. These sessions and courses are for your benefit, and Kerrie’s aim is to be of the highest service to you.
- All Consultations (discussions and written material) are strictly confidential. And that goes for both sides: if Kerrie shares anything personal with you during your session that may be pertinent to you, it is expected that you also honour her own privacy.
Thank you, I greatly appreciate your trust!
— Kerrie Redgate